April 2020 News
This month we’re thrilled to share the site launch for the City of Grass Valley, show you how Sierra College is using Guided Pathways to transform the student experience, provide a video walkthrough of Google Analytics, offer a quick way for you to book a personalized meeting with our support team, and highlight the latest feature updates for your website.
In this issue:
The City of Grass Valley is a special place to live. For years, the Gold Rush history, charming downtown, and access to the outdoors have drawn residents and visitors alike. However, in recent years, an influx of new tech companies, commercial projects, and exciting developments have created the perfect environment for young professionals and their families to join the community and lay down roots.
Offering a wide range of programs, degrees, certificates, and courses, Sierra College supports a diverse community of over 18,000 students, empowering them to chart their future path and achieve their dreams.
Inspired by the new guided pathways initiative for community colleges, Sierra College came to Digital Deployment seeking a website that would enable the student community to proactively explore programs by interest, degree offering, and potential salary, all before their first visit with a counselor.
Google Analytics is a powerful tool, but the sheer volume of options it provides can be a little intimidating for new users. This webinar provides a clear overview of how Google Analytics can help you learn more about how visitors use your site.
Recently, we’ve begun offering remote meetings with our support team and the results have been fantastic. If you have any questions about content presentation or how best to structure a landing page, we’re here to provide direct support to you and your team.
Use this calendar link below to schedule a 10, 20, or 30 minute remote “office hours” meeting with our Customer Success Manager, Ryan Ginsberg, where we can address any questions you may have.
The majority of these updates were prompted by customer requests—so keep your great feedback coming. We hope that you find the updates valuable!
This release will be deployed to all sites over the next week.
- Improved hCAPTCHA functionality on all web forms including user registration forms, comments, and password reset forms. hCaptcha provides simple, easy, and reliable bot detection while being trivial for humans to solve.
- Improved image loading behavior which will result in page speed increases
- Accessibility improvements to sitewide pop-up notifications
- Fixed a bug that caused blocks to reset to default positions
- Fixed a bug that prevented nav terms from being deleted on some sites
- Fixed a bug that prevented YouTube videos from rendering
- Fixed a bug with the file browser that prevented image selection
Have a suggestion?
Do you have ideas on how your site could be easier to use? Let us know by submitting a ticket—we’ll review your suggestions and see if they can be added!