September 2019 News
Digital Deployment is proud to provide ongoing improvements that make your work-life easier. We are excited to share that our development team has made over 500 codebase updates to your site that allow us to now release dozens of new features and product enhancements.
For much of this year, our development team was focused on migrating the hosting for all of our 285 sites to Pantheon. (See why this move was worth all the hard work.) Some of the new features listed below were rolled out to your site at the same time as your site’s hosting migration over the summer, and the rest of the features were rolled out to your site yesterday.
In this issue:
The majority of these updates were prompted by customer requests—so keep your great feedback coming. We hope that you find the updates valuable!
- Added the ability to turn images into hyperlinks on the Images tab.
- Added the ability to replace a file on the File Attachments tab (instead of doing this via the File Manager), and added links to all posts where a file is being used.
- Added the ability to hide Read more on individual teasers.
- Improved email delivery and bounce handling from the website by using the SendGrid service. Added dedicated IP address for sending and sender policy framework (SPF) record instructions into the dashboard.
- Added the ability to embed access-controlled Vimeo videos.
- Added fullscreen capability on embedded YouTube videos.
- Added various accessibility enhancements to help comply with California’s AB434 (went into effect July 1 affecting all public institutions), WCAG 2.1 AA, and Section 508.
- Added a new dashboard with a link to a fully functional test site for you to experiment with
- And many other new features and product improvements!
Located in the heart of Sacramento’s historic district, the Old Sacramento Waterfront (The Waterfront) is the perfect spot to grab a bite, plan a shopping trip, experience gold rush history, or simply enjoy a waterfront cocktail with friends.
Already a staple for tourists, The Waterfront came to Digital Deployment looking for an impactful, new website that could re-introduce The Waterfront to local residents and invite them to explore the expanding shopping, dining, and growing event opportunities there.
Located just northeast of Los Angeles, the City of Redlands’ charming downtown, inviting atmosphere, rich history, and easy access to a wide range of outdoor activities make it a natural destination for residents, businesses, and visitors alike.
Committed to making the city a great place to work, live, and play, Redlands came to Digital Deployment seeking our government website expertise to build a modern, mobile-first website that would streamline the path to essential services while strengthening the brand and identity of the city.
Digital Deployment named ‘Best Place to Work’ by the Business Journal
Award marks 5th consecutive year as regional leader in employee satisfaction
The Sacramento Business Journal announced its 2019 finalists for Best Places to Work in the Greater Sacramento Region, and Digital Deployment was again listed. Last year, Digital Deployment won second place overall in the small business category. In 2015, it won first place.
The award is part of a national Best Places to Work award program that is independently ranked by Quantum Workplaces, a company contracted by the Business Journal to evaluate employee satisfaction based on surveys and other metrics.