Summer/Fall 2019 site updates
The majority of these updates were prompted by customer requests—so keep your great feedback coming. We hope that you find the updates valuable!
- Added the ability to turn images into hyperlinks on the Images tab.
- Added the ability to replace a file on the File Attachments tab (instead of doing this via the File Manager), and added links to all posts where a file is being used.
- Added the ability to clone navigation terms and all nav term settings.
- Added the ability to select Calendar Dates more than 10 years out (past or future).
- Simplified the webform result download page and the related access control options.
- Multi-page webforms now only display the CAPTCHA on the last page (instead of all pages).
- Improved the ADA accessibility of webforms by updating HTML5 validation on checkboxes.
Email and eblasts
- Added the ability to CC people on webform notifications (instead of sending separate emails), allowing a meaningful reply-all behavior.
- Improved email delivery and bounce handling from the website by using the SendGrid service. Added dedicated IP address for sending and sender policy framework (SPF) record instructions into the dashboard.
- Upgraded to the latest version of the MailChimp API to improve scheduled campaign and group synchronization.
- Changed in-product wording from Mailchimp “List ID” to “Audience ID” to reflect changes in Mailchimp’s system.
- Many small improvements related to outgoing email deliverability.
- Added the ability to embed access-controlled Vimeo videos.
- Added fullscreen capability on embedded YouTube videos.
Accessibility / ADA compliance
- Added various accessibility enhancements to help comply with California’s AB434 (went into effect July 1 affecting all public institutions), WCAG 2.1 AA, and Section 508.
- Enhanced accordions and tabs to be easier for users with screen readers to use.
- Added ARIA labels and fixed some form labels on common elements.
SEO and search
- Improved SEO (Search Engine Optimization) by installing and updating the Google XML Sitemap URLs to use HTTPS and link to secure versions of pages.
- Added a robots blocker to the Drupal login page to prevent the login page from showing up in search results.
- Added restrictions to prevent crawlers from indexing dev and test environments.
- Added an option to exclude the entire files directory from search engine results.
- Improved the file browser speed (up to a 10x increase), especially on sites with a large number of files.
- Added a way to masquerade as a user and then switch back to your original account without logging out and back in.
- Added a way to designate specific nodes as template posts.
- Added a warning when editing the default 404 page.
- Created an opt-in calendar module with additional options (contact us to implement this on your site.)
- Added new redirect behaviors so all secondary domains redirect to the default domain by default.
- Added an option to disable web browsers’ autocomplete functionality for the user login forms.
- Removed all references to Google+.
- Clarified the wording on the file replacement description.
- Improved the display of tweeted posts.
- Increased the character-limit for information in the Contact Information fields.
- Many additional small performance improvements.
- Added a site dashboard (accessible by system admins).
- Added DNS & SPF settings and status for each domain related to the site.
- Added an “environments” tab with a test site link where short-term content experiments can be made on a non-live site.
- Added a “redirects” tab to control all of your domains and where they redirect
Infrastructure and security upgrades
- Migrated the hosting for 285 sites to Pantheon, the world leader in Drupal hosting.
- Upgraded all sites to PHP 7.3, resulting in a noticeable speed improvement, particularly for logged-in users.
- Added HSTS headers for HTTPS enforcement, requiring all traffic on your site to be secure and blocking future insecure access.
- Added SSO for Digital Deployment employees when logging in to customer sites to increase security.
- Implemented a number of new security measures to harden backend site access. New measures now meet U2F authentication standards with Titan security keys.
- Your site now automatically resizes huge uploaded images to make them faster and more reliable to administer.
- Fixed an issue where the Embed HTML field content did not display on the teaser of overviews when there was no other content on the post.
- Fixed an issue with linked images in overviews so they link to the specified destination instead of opening a larger version of the image.
- Fixed a bug with downloading a date range of webform results.
- Fixed a bug so that people accessing an uppercase URL with a mixed-case version of the URL are still able to access the content.
- Resolved an issue where anchor tags and query parameters were occasionally being stripped off of related links.
- Fixed an issue where the “From” name was not showing up in Outlook when reading webform-generated emails.
- Fixed some logic issues with complex conditional webforms.
- Fixed a bug where the file browser would sometimes fail to load the contents of a folder.
- Fixed a bug where duplicate items would display in the Commands menu for some users.
- Fixed a bug where some outgoing emails would only show as plain text, rather than HTML formatted.
- Fixed a bug where the “Add to Calendar” button wouldn’t function properly for some users.
- Fixed a bug where start and end times were still displayed for all day events.
- Fixed a bug where pages that end in .html couldn’t be used with the post creation bookmarklets.
- Fixed a bug where tabs would be created on a landing page, even if no posts appeared in the tab.
- Fixed an issue where all accordions were expanded by default in some cases.
- Fixed a bug where the Manage Content screen would show many pages of results, even if there was less than one page of results.
- Removed monitoring and management components that were specific to our legacy infrastructure.
- Many under-the-hood code cleanups.