December 2017 News
Refreshed administrative interface, launches, and other updates
See the new website for the California Restaurant Association and get details on our monthly software update, including a refreshed user interface as our holiday present to you.
The holidays are here, and that means schedules change a bit:
- Our offices will be closed on December 25th and January 1st. Of course, we’ll always help with urgent tickets, but otherwise we’ll be enjoying time with family and friends, and will reply to support requests when we return.
- We won’t be releasing a standard model update in the month of January. On top of some well-earned time off for the holidays, our development team is focused on building Digital Deployment’s version of Drupal 8! The standard model was updated this week (details below), and monthly updates will resume in February.
From all of us here at Digital Deployment, we wish you and your loved ones the very best of what the season has to offer!
In this issue:
We’re excited to release a modernized administrative interface for your website. Most of the changes are simply a new take on the existing tools you are familiar with–almost everything is located in the same spot, but now has an improved, cohesive design.
It has been a busy year, packed with exciting projects and too many new site launches to count. That said, the opportunity to work with California Restaurant Association (CRA) on their new website truly stood out.
Many of you have asked for our take on the Restoring Internet Freedom notice of proposed rulemaking from the FCC. After reviewing it, we are concerned that the proposed regulation does not sufficiently protect you and your users from internet service providers systematically interfering with internet access, by either blocking or prioritizing certain content or charging for access to particular sites.
This month’s improvements
- Modernized administration user interface!
- Fixed an issue where posts with HTML Embed fields were causing search indexing to get stuck.
- Fixed a PHP warning regarding Date::diff that was displaying when working on posts with a missing calendar end date.