Digital Deployment Growth Manager
Full time–Sacramento CA
Digital Deployment maintains hundreds of websites and relationships with many clients, from identification through production and long-term through our ongoing support program. As our DD Growth Manager, you will be responsible for the support and development of the production and support teams, high level thinking around systems and structures to help meet goals, and the interdependence between production, sales, development and support roles. Your role in the team will help us elevate the level of quality of the work we do, expand the breadth and reach of the services we offer, enhance the interaction and collaboration between our team members and departments, and identify opportunities to streamline our efforts. Your leadership and advocacy will be essential to empowering and growing our company, team, and brand in a thoughtful and scalable way.
- Supporting the production team in creating beautiful, accessible, high-performing websites on time and on budget.
- Working with each role to create OKRs (objectives and key results) and checking on progress.
- Supporting the professional development of each team member, related to OKRs and areas for advancement. Encouraging ongoing growth, education, and opportunities that develop the dynamic capabilities of the company.
- Working with and supporting the team with long-range vision to plan for upcoming staff needs, overseeing/managing the relationship with outside vendors related to staffing.
- Hiring (or contracting) for identified positions and reviewing at end of probation. Advocating for raises when appropriate.
- Advocating for production and support needs from other departments (technical migrations, proposal updates to align with the way we work, etc) and systematizing any new processes.
- Creating and tracking key performance indicators (for example, sending confidence and quality surveys to clients) and reporting to CEO.
- Assisting the support team in the redesign of ongoing support levels, creating a standard contract, developing new offerings and KPIs to track success.
- Working with sales, strategy, and development to help define how our product should be specialized, and helping identify verticals where we are a good fit.
- Working with sales and development on requirements before proposals go out, identifying which team members should sign off on any nonstandard items, and systematizing the process.
- Working with CEO on department budget and performance, tracking/approving expense requests against the budget and all KPIs related to production and deployment income.
- You have at least three years of experience managing teams of 10+ people, and a demonstrated track record of developing and empowering team members to help them succeed and grow in their roles (including recruiting / hiring)
- You are skilled at finding creative ways of resolving roadblocks, helping the team to create systems to improve the efficiency of our processes and orchestrate the workflow between teams
- You have years of relevant subject matter experience (website development, design, content, etc.)
- You have product management experience, bringing various teams/roles together to establish product priorities, timelines, and overall workload priorities
- You have the ability to work with sales to complete contracts and proposals or to pull in other roles to do so when needed to ensure we are taking on work we can excel at while continuing to stretch ourselves
Digital Deployment has been working with institutions, associations, non-profits, and other organizations locally and nationwide since 2004 to empower them to communicate online and connect with their constituents. We host and maintain more than 200 client websites and provide extraordinary training and support.
Why you should join our team
Digital Deployment invests heavily in its work culture and its people and has been recognized by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work.” And it shows: our clients and customers love working with us. We honor each other’s strengths and contributions and we learn new stuff all the time. We tick all the boxes: great pay, full benefits, 401k, unlimited paid time off, free on-site food.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.