Senior Software Engineer – Drupal
Full time–Sacramento CA or remote
As a Senior Software Engineer – Drupal at Digital Deployment, you will help to build and manage our base Drupal installation used by hundreds of organizations and millions of users. You’ll work to make it easier to use and more robust.
- Manage all backend technical aspects of Drupal client projects, including new deployments of our in-house standard Drupal distribution, working with client IT on getting DNS changed, and developing (for example) the occasional single sign-on module.
- Work with our managed hosting provider to maintain and monitor the private cloud hosting infrastructure that hosts over 200 Drupal sites for our clients, including sharing on-call duties.
- Share second-tier support duties for clients that are on our Drupal support plan.
- Develop and maintain the Drupal 6 and 8 versions of our in-house standard Drupal distribution, including fixing bugs, applying security patches, developing new features, and helping evolve our company’s product and service offering.
- You have at least 6 years working experience doing Drupal 6/7/8 client projects.
- You are a great listener, you dig deep for underlying problems and needs, and you make the technology work for your team and for the customer.
- You have working experience with automated testing and continuous integration of Drupal sites.
- You have at least 3 years working experience with HA Drupal hosting configurations, and you’ve worked with most of the following: HAProxy, Varnish, Memcached, and Apache Solr.
- You are versatile, and have working experience with one or more of the following: Ruby on Rails, Angular, React, Node.js, CI/CD.
Digital Deployment has been working with institutions, associations, non-profits, and other organizations locally and nationwide since 2004 to empower them to communicate online and connect with their constituents. We host and maintain more than 200 client websites and provide extraordinary training and support. Streamline is our newest offering, a SaaS (Software as a Service) platform dedicated to serving almost 100 local government agencies with paid and free web tools.
Why you should join our team
Digital Deployment invests heavily in its work culture and its people and has been recognized by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work.” And it shows: our clients and customers love working with us. We honor each other’s strengths and contributions and we learn new stuff all the time. We tick all the boxes: great pay, full benefits, 401k, unlimited paid time off, free on-site food. (Once Slack has a food transportation option, we’ll Slack you food if you’re remote.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are currently considering U.S.-based applicants only.