Lead Technical Support Manager
Full Time, Sacramento, CA
Digital Deployment is seeking a support powerhouse and website master! In the role of Technical Customer Success Manager you’ll play a key role in supporting and training customers on DD’s managed Drupal platform.
We are seeking a people-friendly, tech-savvy individual to work with us. We want someone who is passionate about building and strengthening relationships with customers while providing technical support, creative solutions, and ongoing training. A day in the life includes client questions that look like: “Help! I deleted my contact page! How do I recover it?” or “We recently started seeing an error message, but only when logged in to the site, what’s going on?”
As a Technical Customer Success Manager, you will:
Support our clients
- Provide day to day online and phone support for our “Standard Model” built on Drupal—processing incoming support tickets and providing resolution whenever possible. (Weekly volume: approx. 60 new tickets.)
- Escalate tickets to team members when necessary, after investigation and gathering historical customer information if appropriate.
- Manage backlog of client requests.
- Research and solve web-related technical problems, and quickly seeing patterns and underlying causes with problems reported by customers.
- Explore browser console output, read CSS, plug in 3rd party HTML widgets, and help customers understand how to resolve content issues with their website.
Communicate about our product
- Schedule and host basic and advanced training for clients.
- Hosting webinars on key topics of interest (e.g. website accessibility, new feature releases)
- Advocate among the DD development team for needed functionality for our clients.
- Work with the developer(s) to create/review release notes and send update notifications to clients.
Grow the support program
- Track and report support KPIs, including ticket volume, response time and escalations.
- Maintaining and contributing knowledge base articles for existing and new features.
- Work cross functionally with multiple internal teams on client functionality requests.
- You are extremely responsive, while being personable, clear, and respectful in your communications. You offer support in a way that helps our customers know how much they are valued and never makes them feel inadequate for asking questions.
- You thrive on multi-tasking and love deep thinking and technical problem-solving.
- You’re an inbox superstar and thrive on efficiently processing customer communications.
- You are able to learn our software platform in-depth.
- You are a critical thinker that is inquisitive, and gathers data from clients to drive solutions and associated timing
- Your written and verbal communication is impeccable
- You are able to prioritize a list of constantly shifting tasks, asking for input when needed, but knowing you are the master of your day and customers are your main focus.
- You are able to write clear, user-friendly instructions for non-technical users.
- You are someone who loves to teach others of varying skill sets and technical abilities.
- You enjoy improving systems and processes to increase the value and efficiency of the services provided.
- You enjoy a blend of working independently and with a team.
Desired, but not required:
- Experience working in a content management system.
Digital Deployment has been working with institutions, associations, non-profits, and other organizations locally and nationwide since 2004 to empower them to communicate online and connect with their constituents. We host and maintain more than 300 client websites and provide extraordinary training and support.
Why you should join our team
Digital Deployment invests heavily in its work culture and its people and has been recognized by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work.” And it shows: our clients and customers love working with us. We honor each other’s strengths and contributions and we learn new stuff all the time. We tick all the boxes: great pay, full benefits, 401k, unlimited paid time off, free on-site food.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are currently considering U.S.-based applicants only.